Bev has been active in Keller ISD from 2011, both at the district level and at the schools that her 2 daughters have attended. A short list of Bev’s many district activities include:
At the District Level (2011 – Present):
- Member, Campus Educational Improvement Committee. Willis Lane (3 years) and South Keller Intermediate School (1 year). Meet with Principal and other members to discuss educational goals and ways to achieve them.
- Member, Citizens Bond Oversight Committee. Meet as required to review KISD bond projects and ensure projects meet the outlined scope of work and are completed on time and budget. Committee makes recommendations for action to the KISD Board of Trustees. Previously served on the Citizens Bond Advisory Committee.
- Member, Community Ambassadors. Volunteered to serve as one of the first KISD Community Ambassadors. Have been asked to record informational spots on behalf of the District to assist with their efforts to educate the public on district activities.
- Volunteer, Keller ISD Education Foundation.
At Willis Lane Elementary (2011 – Present):
- President, 2 years. Spearhead fundraising efforts to install electronic marquee. Successfully raised over $26,000. Developed Business Membership program to foster working relationships with local businesses. Supported PTA board members’ activities resulting in Willis Lane becoming a district leader in environmental matters and being recognized as a Green Ribbon School.
- Carnival Chair, 3 years. Successfully organized and ran the Spring Carnival. Highest grossing carnivals in recent school history.
- Community Services and Youth Protection Chair, 2 years. Successfully planned and executed 2 Red Ribbon Week programs. Initiated community outreach programs with local fire fighters and police officers joining students for monthly lunches. Conducted several charitable drives in support of the Community Storehouse.
- Programs Chair (current). Responsible for coordinating special school wide programs such as Watch Dog orientation, Polar Express night and various other events.
At Indian Springs Middle School:
- 5th and 6th grade Special Programs Chair (current). Responsible for organizing 3 on 3 Basketball tournament and Spring Fling.
At South Keller Intermediate School:
- Hospitality Co-Chair, 1 year. Organized monthly events for the teachers and staff.
With the Girl Scouts:
- Leader, Girl Scout Troop 3312
- Volunteer, Girl Scout Troop 3380
With the United States Navy (1989 – 2010):
- Received the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal for sustain volunteer service.
- Recognized as Volunteer of the Year for Naval Support Activity Naples, and twice as the Personal Excellence through Cooperative Education Volunteer of the Year for Naval Submarine Group Nine.
- Received several Letters of Commendation and Appreciation for volunteer work.
- Volunteer cheerleading and softball coach at Naples American High School, Naples, Italy. Volunteer cheerleading coach at Madera High School, Madera, CA and volunteer Spirit Squad coach at Ridgetop Jr. High School, Silverdale, WA.
- Served as Chair, Special Emphasis Programs Committee. Promoted diversity in the workplace. Coordinated command-wide Multicultural Day celebration.
- Served as volunteer for the Command Federal Campaign at three commands.
- Served as an officer and member of five command Morale, Welfare and Recreation Committees.
- Served as an officer, Medical Service Corps Officer Association and Chair for the MSC Ball Committee.
- Served as member for 4 command balls.
- Served as Key Volunteer for spouse’s Marine Corps command.
- Participated in various command and local charitable events.
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
B.S., magna cum laude, Natural Resources: Marine and Coastal Process, July 2000